Self-Managed Super Funds (SMSF)
Choosing to manage your own retirement savings brings with it significant benefits and responsibilities.
Considering your own SMSF?
If you are thinking about setting up a SMSF, you should first find out about:
- the legal responsibilities that will apply to you and any other members of your fund
- your obligations which include separating SMSF assets from personal assets, preparing and implementing an investment strategy and the reporting/lodgement requirements imposed by the regulator and the Australian Taxation Office
- the costs associated with running a SMSF, together with the possible time commitment involved.
Talk to us about whether a SMSF is right for you.
Need help with your existing SMSF?
If you already operate your own SMSF, we can assist with:
- reviewing your fund’s investment strategy for compliance with legislation
- reviewing the composition of your fund’s assets for related party or in-house issues
- determining the most appropriate method for allocating fund assets between members
- preparing pension strategies and reviewing pension types allowed by the Trust Deed
- harmonizing your estate plan with your SMSF
- simplified SMSF administration
If you would like more information about self-managed super please contact us.